Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Toddler Punk Princess Birthday

It's come and gone. My daughter is now TWO!!! Wowee!! The days seem so long these days, but the years so short.

Our friends and family gathered a few weekends ago at an old school house to celebrate Cadence's birthday. The birthday girl wasn't sure what to think at first. She certainly lived up to the 'it's my party and I'll cry if I want to'! I'm sure it was all just hard for her to digest at first, but once she got in her zen and comfortable... she had a blast!

The birthday theme of the party was... not Dora... not Elmo... not Toy Story....  BUT rather... PUNK PRINCESS! Cadence was very resistant to character themes. We sat down a few months before her party and I showed her some ideas. When she kept declining, I felt at a loss... when it dawned on me... Cadence loves rocking out to Avril Lavigne. Why not explore the avenue of a toddler punk princess party? I took Cadence to the party store and showed her all the pink & black punk rocker decor! She loved it! I can't get over the personality she's developed; she's definitely becoming her own little person.

The invitation. We had a hard time with the invitation. Initial renditions included skulls, but after much discussion we thought skulls for a toddlers birthday invites was a little over the top. Here's what we settled on... (Thanks to Smalley Invites & Announcements!)


The decor. We picked up most of our decor from Buck or Two and Party Packagers.





The cake. Rather than having a local bakery make the cake. We took a more frugal route, and asked my lovely Mother-in-Law if she wouldn't mind helping us out with this. She happily did! The cake turned out awesome!

Crafts.  We didn't do any crafts at the party, but here are some great craft ideas for a punk themed toddler/preschooler birthday party.

The birthday girl had so much fun at her party this year!! I had a lot more fun planning this years party, and can't wait for next!



I'm not going to lie... I was so much more emotional about my sweet little girl's 2nd birthday in comparison to her 1st! She's changed so much in just a years time. My little girl is growing up and FAST! 

Happy birthday sweetheart! 
Love Mommy xo

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Such a beautiful party. I get inspired for my little one.

    ReplyDelete