Monday, December 13, 2010

Rice Krispies Christmas Tree

So last week, it was mentioned that I made the Rice Krispies Imagine & Make Christmas Tree to take and display at the momstown Whitby-Ajax Christmas Party.

I have to admit I was fairly nervous about having to create this so-called masterpiece from the very beginning. Firstly because I had never made homemade rice krispies before. Secondly because I totally SUCK when it comes to making gingerbread houses with the family, which always in turn ends up with us all fighting.

To my surprise the rice krispies were VERY easy to make. Now I'm left to wonder why up until this day that I hadn't made them before. Once we made the rice krispies, we left them to set in the pan for about half an hour before cutting them out into 3 triangles.


Once they were cut the assembly was quite easy. We used cake mate frosting the glue all the sides together before decorating.


The decorating process would have been much for fun for us had our daughter been a little bit older. At 16 months old, all she wanted to do was eat it, rather than help. Which made for a huge meltdown!

We ended up keeping the tree quite simple, but you can definitely decorate it more elaborately using jube jubes, other gummys, gum balls, smarties, etc. There are certainly no limitations!



We can't wait to try again next year when our daughter is a bit older and more understanding.

If you're looking for a fun creation to make with your family, check out all the cool recipes over on the Rice Krisipie website. It amazes me how creative you can get with Rice Krispies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment